- If you have booked a trip to the Bahamas or any foreign location you must bring your passport. A driver’s license is not sufficient ID for USA or Foreign Customs.
- For your personal expenditures, bring Credit Cards and/or US Dollars as they are accepted everywhere we go…Do not bring travelers checks…. these are not accepted at many locations in the Bahamas or Caribbean and South FL. If you are going to a foreign port , expect to pay an arrival /or departure tax fee.
- Upon boarding for trips outside of US shores, you will be required to give the captain your passports as he is designated by law as your legal representative for entering/leaving a foreign port or returning to the US. The captain will secure all your entry stamps. The captain will return your passport upon successfully clearing back into the USA. You will be responsible for the payment of all taxes and fees associated with the visitation of foreign ports and returning to the USA.
- Bring your gear, clothes etc. in a soft bag, like duffel. Do not bring large hard suitcases as there is no place to store them. Please limit your luggage to 2 soft bags per person that total less than 70lbs. YOU MUST ADVISE US IN AVANCE IF YOU WANT TO BRING ADDITIONAL GEAR……there may be an additional charge.
- Hat or visor to protect your head and face from the tropical sun
- Several large T-Shirts to wear while snorkeling for protection from the sun
- 2 (or more) Bathing suits
- Flip Flops and/or dive booties to wear on beaches (mandatory, beaches have pieces of sharp coral and shells that can cut your feet)
- At least two(2) change of warm clothes for the evenings (e.g. sweat pants, sweater, windbreaker or sailing jacket)
- Boat shoes or tennis shoes with white or gum soles…no black soled shoes can be worn on the white fiberglass deck…. they mark the deck…going barefoot is fine.
- Towels and linens are supplied, but bring your own Beach Towel(s)
- Sunglasses, and “Croakies”
- Small personal flash light
- Personal Items, including shampoo, conditioner, and liquid bath soap etc.
- Sunscreen for you face, body, and lips (Bring PABA free or water proof if you plan to be diving or snorkeling)
- Aloe or other after sun lotion
- Anti-bacterial cream for minor cuts and scrapes
- Adequate supply of any medication you are required to take…you may not be able to obtain medicines at our ports of call.
- Aventura is very stable on the water and we typically don’t have any guest problems, but if you think you are sensitive to seasickness, bring medication. The “Patches” which are available at most drug stores work well for most people. Don’t try to be macho, we have ways to deal with “mal de mar”, there is nothing to be ashamed of...
- Cameras (video and/or still)
- Rigging Knife
- Fins, mask, and snorkel
- Music CD’s, MP3, MP4+ DVD for movies
- Personal Books or magazines
- Water proof container for personal items (large freezer bags work fine)
- BC and Regulator
- Fins Mask and Snorkel
- Weight belt w/o weights
- Do not bring tanks or weights, we supply what you will need
- Personal dive items (Defogger, underwater cameras, dive computer, etc.)
- You may bring spear guns
- Lightweight wet suit and/or skin
- Valid Dive card (showing certification)
- Pets: Unless approved in writing by Aventura before the trip
- NO DRUGS OR Any illegal substances OF ANY KIND…. US and Foreign Customs are no joke and they can confiscate the boat if any of these substances are found on board
- Metal clothes hangers…the salt air will cause these to rust and stain your clothes. Bring Plastic Hangers only.
- Firearms or fireworks
- If you have a medical condition that requires medication (e.g. Asthma, Diabetes, Heart Condition, etc.) bring extra medication…if your meds are lost you may not be able to replace them
- If Aventura is provisioning for you and you have special dietary needs, notify us when you reserve your space on board. We will do our best to procure the foods of your choice. There may be subject to an extra surcharge associated with this request.